Twitter! The most important and most common platform, where most of the educators tend to learn for their professional development and training. It is basically a social networking microblogging service that allows you to send anecdote message/short messages mainly known as tweets! The twitter transfer news contains text and links, the basic tweet consists of only 140 characters, but has recently increased upto 280 characters.
Twitter is a platform where you can just lurk, by reading others’ tweets, or contribute by sending out your own tweets and the latter is what you work towards as the more you put in, the more you get out!
Also the highlight suggests that you can read tweets without having your own Twitter account as long as the accounts you are following are public.
Anatomy of Tweet!
One of the greatest things about Twitter is that it is easily accessible on your computer, laptop, tablet or phone. You can use Twitter over website or app, or there are many other popular third-party apps that aim to improve functionality and accessibility.
Tweetdeck is another such thing which needs to be taken into consideration, with tweets such as sentletse twitter, where at one point- once an independent app which has now been acquired by Twitter and plenty of users enjoyed using it to organize their feed.
Twitter is used by nearly every country’s population around the world. 83% of UN member countries have the presence of Twitter. For certain professionals and teachers, it clearly means you have access to thousands of educators with rich backgrounds and experiences that can contribute to your professional growth.
How To Sign Up For Your Twitter Account:
The sign up process is not that difficult. All you need to do is to follow the steps given below:
- The primary step is to, go to the website http://twitter.com and simply click on the link.
- Then, you will be required to enter information such as your name and email address and other necessary details.
- Once you sign up for an account, you can select a unique username according to your preference. Try to avoid making your username too long or try to make it something that identifies you
- When you initially try to sign up for Twitter, it takes you through a series of steps where you can select people to follow which you want. Do not follow anyone initially when you first create your account. Set up your profile and other information in order to post a few tweets before you follow anyone.
Things To Know Before You Start Following Other People:
- Complete your bio: Do this to let people know about you. You have 160 characters for your bio. For all the educators you can share the age group or subject they teach, and particular interests.
- Do not forget to add a profile photo: Real photos can sometimes be an avatar during malusi gigaba twitter news and more. Real photos help to build your relationship with certain bios and photos can hold a lot of weight in virtual relationships.
- You can also use header photos and popular header images for teachers include landscapes, a classroom photo, or a quote can also help, you can also use various header image, customised.
- Pro tip: Don’t start following people on Twitter till the time you have published some tweets! Most people won’t follow a person who has never been active so you may miss your chance to make a connection. You can also reply and read other people’s comments. There is also an option available for direct message to contact people privately along with the tagging option for whom that might be interested.